Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Father's day is a special day at our house. We all love our Daddy very much. There is one thing that I love most about my Daddy that not many girls can say about their fathers. My Dad is always growing and moving forward in his spiritual life. He has made some many changes since I was a little girl. And they have been good changes. Dad is always willing to see that he might be wrong. That there might be a possibility that he should change his way of thinking or course of action.

The other thing I love about my Dad is that he is so forgiving. I can always be sure that he will forgive me with open arms and an understanding heart.

Best of all my Dad has shown me the way to a relationship with my Heavenly Father. Daddy is a serious man, and is always leading my thoughts toward heaven. He has played the most significant part in my life in leading me to the Savior.

Thanks so much Dad!

Here is a poem that I read today that I really liked:

Father of mine, some years ago
You showed me the way I ought to go;
You led my feet past the treach'rous sand
By the gentle clasp of your own strong hand.

Father of mine, let me thank you for
The prayers you prayed and the burden you bore.
Like a guiding star thro' the tempests' strife,
All your precepts have shone on my path of life.

Father of mine, when the time has passed
And the work of my life is complete at last,
When I step ashore on the glory strand
With a grateful heart I will clasp your hand."
- Sarah Marinee

I hope all of you remembered to tell your Daddy yesterday that you love him. If your father has fallen asleep until Jesus comes I hope you thought of him and all the wonderful things he did for you, and tried to do something for someone that he would have done.

I hope you all had a blessed father's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment