Monday, April 4, 2011

April Travels # 2


As many of you know Ashley, Emily, and I, along with long time friends Chantée and Sean Nebblett, have come to Oklahoma Academy to take a crash course in conducting. I must say that I didn't really want to go at first. Its not that I wasn't interested, I just didn't think that I could successfully complete my end of the deal.


But Oh how good God is. Now the course is over and I can honestly say that this experience has changed my life. I realized that there is more to conducting then just waving your hands in front of a group of singers. It has to do with changing the world trough every thing you do. The whole way that I look at music has changed. And I hope that each of my family and friends that joined feel as I do.


As I said a few days ago the five of us young people were asked to speak for the Friday night vespers program. It was a bit stressful for me because there was not any real time to put into the message, and because the Brimley’s and the Nebblett’s have never done any speaking together and I couldn't tell what they would say like I can with my family. But God used us inspite of it all. I could see two minutes into the message that the hearts of the young people were being moved. I've always loved talking to and working with young people. Of course our whole family has a special burden for the young ladies of this generation! May God continue to touch and bless the hearts of the young people at OA.


Well as I almost always post with pictures here are a few that Dad took during the performance that Chantée, Emily, and I conducted at. (Ashley conducted at the Friday evening vespers, and Sean conducted a piece for the church service on Sabbath.)



We enjoyed watching the bell group perform.

If you can't tell this is me conducting my piece. I loved it so much. I can't wait to do it again!

Emily waiting to conduct her piece.


I hope Miss Day does this course again. I feel like I could use it again.

I'll post more as soon as I get the pictures off of Joshua's camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment